Beverly Ellis of McKenzie, Tennessee shared this appetizing eye-opener. Flavored with orange juice and nutmeg, this nutty French toast bake is perfect for overnight company because it's assembled a day ahead.
Recommended: 40 Recipes You Won't Believe Are Dairy-Free
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Confectioners' sugar and maple syrup, optional
- Arrange bread slices in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, orange juice, milk, sugar, vanilla and nutmeg until blended; pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Pour butter into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Transfer bread slices to prepared pan; sprinkle with nuts. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until bread is golden brown. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Macadamia French Toast in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p12
Reviews for Macadamia French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 4, 2012
"i loved this recipe it was so yummy and i would defintly make it agian i spilt the recipe in half"