Macadamia Crusted Tilapia Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- PINEAPPLE SALSA:
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs and cayenne. Place flour and macadamia nuts in separate shallow bowls. Coat tilapia with flour, then dip in egg mixture and coat with nuts.
- Place on a greased baking sheet; drizzle with butter. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small serving bowl, combine the pineapple, red pepper, onions, sugar, jalapeno, lime juice and ginger; sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with fish. Yield: 4 servings (1-1/2 cups salsa).
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Macadamia Crusted Tilapia(1)
Sort By :
Alot going on with the different flavors...hard to taste the fish. Make sure you finely ground the nuts and apply lightly on the fillets. Will make again but not smother the fish with the salsa.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Fish >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Condiments >