- 2 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 cups macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- PINEAPPLE SALSA:
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs and cayenne. Place flour and macadamia nuts in separate shallow bowls. Coat tilapia with flour, then dip in egg mixture and coat with nuts.
- Place on a greased baking sheet; drizzle with butter. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small serving bowl, combine the pineapple, red pepper, onions, sugar, jalapeno, lime juice and ginger; sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with fish. Yield: 4 servings (1-1/2 cups salsa).
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Macadamia Crusted Tilapia
Sort By :
Alot going on with the different flavors...hard to taste the fish. Make sure you finely ground the nuts and apply lightly on the fillets. Will make again but not smother the fish with the salsa.