Macadamia-Crusted Salmon Recipe
- 2 salmon steaks (about 1-1/8 inches thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg white until frothy. Dip fish in egg white, then coat with nuts. Gently pat nut mixture onto fish.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook fish in oil over medium heat for about 6-8 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Meanwhile, melt butter. Stir in parsley and lemon juice. Drizzle over fish. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 793 calories, 77g fat (17g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 641mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 23g protein .
Reviews for Macadamia-Crusted Salmon
"So delicious. Don't cook it in a cast iron pan, though, I burned the nuts."
"A really great use of macademia nuts. The salmon was delicious. However, because of the super-high calories in this meal, it isn't one I'll make too frequently."
"I think I overcooked the fish. I'll probably give this one another try, but the rest of my family was real thrilled with the it."
"It's very delicious, I tried this recipe for my mother-in-law's birthday, everyone went back for seconds!!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.