Macadamia-Crusted Salmon Recipe
- 2 salmon steaks (about 1-1/8 inches thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg white until frothy. Dip fish in egg white, then coat with nuts. Gently pat nut mixture onto fish.
- In a large skillet, cook fish in oil over medium heat for about 6-8 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Meanwhile, melt butter. Stir in parsley and lemon juice. Drizzle over fish. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Macadamia-Crusted Salmon
Sort By :
So delicious. Don't cook it in a cast iron pan, though, I burned the nuts.
A really great use of macademia nuts. The salmon was delicious. However, because of the super-high calories in this meal, it isn't one I'll make too frequently.
I think I overcooked the fish. I'll probably give this one another try, but the rest of my family was real thrilled with the it.
It's very delicious, I tried this recipe for my mother-in-law's birthday, everyone went back for seconds!!