Macadamia-Crusted Mahi Mahi Recipe
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 mahi mahi fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1. Place the bread crumbs, nuts, salt and pepper in a food processor; cover and pulse until nuts are finely chopped.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and water. Place flour and nut mixture in separate shallow bowls. Coat fillets with flour, then dip in egg mixture and coat with nut mixture.
- 3. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook fillets for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce and ginger. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30-60 seconds or until sugar is dissolved. Drizzle over fish. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 466 calories, 29 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 136 mg cholesterol, 644 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.