- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 mahi mahi fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- Place the bread crumbs, nuts, salt and pepper in a food processor; cover and pulse until nuts are finely chopped.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and water. Place flour and nut mixture in separate shallow bowls. Coat fillets with flour, then dip in egg mixture and coat with nut mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook fillets for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce and ginger. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30-60 seconds or until sugar is dissolved. Drizzle over fish. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Macadamia-Crusted Mahi Mahi
"Made this last week for my family. We all liked it. My son-in-law said it was resturant quality. High praise indeed. I get my best recipes from Taste of Home. Everyone love the " Best Ever Banana Bread" recipe."
"I have used this with Walleye too! This was outstanding. The fish was super moist and very flavorful. I used 5oz pieces of Mahi Mahi. I cooked them for 3 minutes on each side and temped them at 135*F. They were a perfect 140 when I served. I cut the entire recipe in half except for the drizzle."
"Yum! Everyone loved this even the kids which do not like fish at all. I followed the recipe to a T and it turned out great and the sauce was a great accent."
"This recipe is incredible! I made it first time for guests and family - ALL loved it and all wanted seconds. Very flavorful. I can't rave enough about it. The only thing I did differently was grill it on the bbq on foil to reduce the fat content. Out of this world good! My husband specifically requested that I save this recipe!!"
"This recipe was excellent!! I couldn't believe what a wonderful flavor it had. I enjoyed every bite. I made more than needed so the next day I microwaved the fish and put it over salad greens and it was so tasty. I didn’t need any salad dressing because the fish had enough flavor. I highly recommend this recipe!"