Sized just right for a twosome, these elegant nut-crusted custards make a simple but scrumptious finale for any meal. “Best of all,” shares Anna Erickson from Terrebonne, Oregon, “they whip up in a ‘heartbeat’ for busy weeknight celebrations.”
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts, walnuts or pecans
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolks, egg, cream, sugar, extract and salt
- until blended. Pour into two ungreased 6-oz. custard cups. Sprinkle
- with nuts.
- Place cups in a baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to pan. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted
- near the center comes out clean. Remove from pan to a wire rack;
- cool for 15 minutes. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 368 calories, 28 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 364 mg cholesterol, 272 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.