- around sides of pan. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into the
- egg yolks. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly.
- Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is thickened and coats the
- back of a spoon. Remove from the heat; whisk in gelatin mixture
- until blended. Quickly transfer to a bowl; place bowl in ice water
- and stir for 2 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes,
- stirring once.
- Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into crust. Sprinkle with coconut and
- nuts. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 12 servings.
Editor's Note: Reduced-fat coconut milk is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 495 calories, 38 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 184 mg cholesterol, 129 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.