"My mother made these soft and chewy chocolate cookies often," remembers Frances Gassen, a reader from Rotonda West, Florida. "They're quick and easy to assemble, and we gobble them up quickly, too!"
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2/3 cup macadamia nuts or pecans, chopped
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add vanilla. Combine flour and cocoa; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in nuts. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until surface cracks. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Macadamia Cocoa Cookies in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p43
Reviews for Macadamia Cocoa Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review