"My mother made these soft and chewy chocolate cookies often," remembers Frances Gassen, a reader from Rotonda West, Florida. "They're quick and easy to assemble, and we gobble them up quickly, too!"
Recommended: The Best Cookies for Dunking
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2/3 cup macadamia nuts or pecans, chopped
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add vanilla. Combine flour and cocoa; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in nuts. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until surface cracks. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Macadamia Cocoa Cookies in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p43
Reviews forMacadamia Cocoa Cookies
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2013
"This is very tasty and easy to make."
Reviewed May. 8, 2011
"It tastes good but there is too much butter in the cookies, they taste greasy."