Macadamia Citrus Couscous Recipe
Our Test Kitchen provides this tasty twist on couscous salad. It pairs well with many entrees. Or toss in some cooked shrimp for a meal on the lighter side.
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup refrigerated passion fruit juice blend
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) couscous
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 green onions, sliced
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil for 2 minutes or until tender. Add the broth, fruit juice, marmalade, Worcestershire sauce, ginger and cayenne. Bring to a boil; stir in couscous and orange peel.
- Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in the macadamia nuts, cranberries, cilantro and green onions. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Macadamia Citrus Couscous in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p230
Reviews for Macadamia Citrus Couscous(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review