Macadamia Carrot Muffins Recipe
These muffins make a great snack for kids (I have seven grandchildren and three great-grandkids) because they have so many healthy ingredients. I also turn to this recipe when I have to furnish muffins for church gatherings. -Shirley James, Buffalo Center, Iowa
- 1-1/2 cups All-Bran
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups bran flakes
- 1-1/3 cups shredded carrots
- 1 package (8 ounces) chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- In a bowl, combine All-Bran and boiling water; let stand for 10 minutes. In a bowl, beat the brown sugar, molasses and oil. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add buttermilk and soaked All-Bran; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in bran flakes, carrots, dates and nuts.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Macadamia Carrot Muffins in Taste of Home February/March 2003, p41
Reviews for Macadamia Carrot Muffins(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review