Macadamia Caramel Tart Recipe
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2-1/2 cups macadamia nuts, toasted
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1. In a food processor, combine the flour, 1/2 cup sugar and butter. Cover and pulse until blended. Add eggs; pulse until blended. On a lightly floured surface, gently knead dough 5 times or until a ball is formed.
- 2. Between two sheets of waxed paper, roll two-thirds of dough into a 13-in. circle; press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Cover and chill. Roll remaining dough into a 9-in. circle; chill.
- 3. In a large heavy skillet, cook and stir the remaining sugar over medium heat until melted and dark brown, about 20 minutes. Slowly stir in cream until blended. Remove from the heat; stir in nuts.
- 4. Cool for 15 minutes. Pour into prepared pan. Top with 9-in. pastry circle. Fold pastry from sides of pan over the top pastry; seal edges with a fork. Brush top with egg white.
- 5. Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown. cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Cool completely before cutting. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 slice: 681 calories, 45g fat (18g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Macadamia Caramel Tart
"I made this over the weekend and brought it to work. I had never made caramel before, but everything worked out well. It was an impressive tart. I wouldn't call it easy to make, but I would call it excellent. I think I made the crust a little too thick, but that's user error."