- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2-1/2 cups macadamia nuts, toasted
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- In a food processor, combine the flour, 1/2 cup sugar and butter. Cover and pulse until blended. Add eggs; pulse until blended. On a lightly floured surface, gently knead dough 5 times or until a ball is formed.
- Between two sheets of waxed paper, roll two-thirds of dough into a 13-in. circle; press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Cover and chill. Roll remaining dough into a 9-in. circle; chill.
- In a large heavy skillet, cook and stir the remaining sugar over medium heat until melted and dark brown, about 20 minutes. Slowly stir in cream until blended. Remove from the heat; stir in nuts.
- Cool for 15 minutes. Pour into prepared pan. Top with 9-in. pastry circle. Fold pastry from sides of pan over the top pastry; seal edges with a fork. Brush top with egg white.
- Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown. cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Cool completely before cutting. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Macadamia Caramel Tart
Sort By :
"I made this over the weekend and brought it to work. I had never made caramel before, but everything worked out well. It was an impressive tart. I wouldn't call it easy to make, but I would call it excellent. I think I made the crust a little too thick, but that's user error."