Macadamia Berry Dessert Recipe
My family and friends love this dessert, and I've shared the recipe several times. The crunchy nut crust and colorful raspberry filling make it special enough for guests. During the holidays, I substitute a can of whole-berry cranberry sauce for the raspberries.
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 30 wafers)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Fresh raspberries and additional whipped topping, optional
- Combine the wafer crumbs, nuts and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, orange juice and lemon juice on low speed until well blended. Stir in raspberries. Fold in whipped topping. Pour over crust. Cover and freeze for 3 hours or until firm. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with raspberries and whipped topping if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Macadamia Berry Dessert in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p27
Reviews for Macadamia Berry Dessert(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 19, 2010
I've made this recipe several times. Always a favorite with my family. Easy too.
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Macadamia Recipes >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Raspberry Recipes >