- 1 teaspoon plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Line an 8-in. square baking dish with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, cream of tartar and remaining butter; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until a candy thermometer reads 244° (firm-ball stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into prepared dish. Refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours.
- Using foil, lift candy out of dish. Gently peel off foil; cut caramel into 1-in. squares. Wrap individually in waxed paper; twist ends. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1-1/2 pounds.
Reviews for Macadamia & Coconut Caramels
Sort By :
"LOVED these and so does everyone else!!"
"I made these last year to take to holiday gatherings and everyone loved them. Can't wait to make them this holiday season. Mailed them to my best friend in Florida as a gift and she called asking for more! Definitely my newest annual tradition."
"Very excellent! I have made caramels using a recipe that has been passed down and was very concerned about using this one that used sweetened condensed milk. But was I surprised at the taste of these. WOW! I have since made 4 more batches and have given them away as gifts - with everyone loving them."
"easy to make and awesome :)"
"These are the best caramels!! Firm enough to cut, yet soft enough for the caramel to stretch as you bite into them. I've received so many compliments already."