- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes, drained
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium-high heat until no longer pink.
- Set aside the cheese packet from the macaroni dinner mix. Stir in the pasta, broth, zucchini, onion and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-8 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomatoes and the contents of the reserved cheese packet. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mac and Cheese Chicken Skillet in Simple & Delicious January/February 2009, p58
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mac and Cheese Chicken Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2011
"Didn't have any onions, so added onion powder and used petite diced tomatoes. It was great! My 4 year old really enjoyed it!"