Mac and Cheese Chicken Skillet
“This is a wonderful and speedy Italian-style entree. Just open your pantry and you'll discover a quick-fix for dinner!” Margaret Wilson - Hemet, California
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes, drained
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium-high heat until
- no longer pink.
- Set aside the cheese packet from the macaroni dinner mix. Stir in the
- pasta, broth, zucchini, onion and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 7-8 minutes or until pasta is tender,
- stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomatoes and the contents of the reserved cheese packet. Cook
- and stir for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 245 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 966 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.