Mac and Cheese Chicken Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes, drained
- 1. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium-high heat until no longer pink.
- 2. Set aside the cheese packet from the macaroni dinner mix. Stir in the pasta, broth, zucchini, onion and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-8 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Stir in tomatoes and the contents of the reserved cheese packet. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 245 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 966 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Mac and Cheese Chicken Skillet
"Easy one-pot recipe! Added garlic to the chicken and doubled the zucchini. It had too much liquid for my liking, but wasn't a huge problem after letting it sit for a bit."
"Didn't have any onions, so added onion powder and used petite diced tomatoes. It was great! My 4 year old really enjoyed it!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.