“This is a wonderful and speedy Italian-style entree. Just open your pantry and you'll discover a quick-fix for dinner!” Margaret Wilson - Hemet, California
Recommended: 35 Easy Dinners to Try This Winter
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes, drained
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium-high heat until no longer pink.
- Set aside the cheese packet from the macaroni dinner mix. Stir in the pasta, broth, zucchini, onion and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-8 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomatoes and the contents of the reserved cheese packet. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mac and Cheese Chicken Skillet in Simple & Delicious January/February 2009, p58
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mac and Cheese Chicken Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2011
"Didn't have any onions, so added onion powder and used petite diced tomatoes. It was great! My 4 year old really enjoyed it!"