This hearty and comforting casserole features ingredients that everyone loves. It has a satisfying homemade flavor.
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen cut asparagus, thawed
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, parsley, mustard and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Drain macaroni; add to cheese sauce. Stir in the ham, asparagus and mushrooms. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mac 'n' Cheese with Ham in Country February/March 2008, p51
Reviews for Mac 'n' Cheese with Ham
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review