- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen cut asparagus, thawed
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, parsley, mustard and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Drain macaroni; add to cheese sauce. Stir in the ham, asparagus and mushrooms. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Mac 'n' Cheese with Ham
"I would make this recipe again but alter it. It was extremely cheesy, you could probably cut the amount of velveta to 1/2 to 3/4 of what it calls for. Liked the idea of the ham and asparagus in it though."
"I would definitely make this recipe again, as my family loves mac and cheese with ham. The only part I'd change would be to replace the asparagus with broccoli, as some of my family is allergic to asparagus. Other than that, this recipe is awesome and so easy to make, it's a keeper for sure."
"I see a lot of recipes using 7oz box of macaroni. How many cups is that? I have never seen a 7oz box of macoroni. Thanks."
"EXCELLENT!!!!! And what a great way to use the left over ham."
"Made it for our Church pot luck. Everyone loved it! I didn't have asparagus so used mixed vegetables. Already have been asked for the recipe."