Mac 'N' Cheese Soup
"I found this recipe a few years ago and made a few changes to suit our tastes," says Nancy Daugherty of Cortland, Ohio. "We love this creamy soup. Because it starts with a package of macaroni and cheese, it's ready in a jiffy."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (14 ounces) deluxe macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 9 cups water, divided
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- Set aside cheese sauce packet from macaroni and cheese mix. In a
- large saucepan, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Add macaroni; cook for
- 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in another large saucepan, bring remaining water to a
- boil. Add broccoli and onion; cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Stir
- in the soup, milk, ham and contents of cheese sauce packet; heat
- through. Drain macaroni; stir into soup. Yield: 8 servings (2
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 263 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 976 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.