Mac 'n' Cheese for One Recipe
This casserole is easy to make and goes well with any meat without having days of leftovers.—Lucy Holland, Derby Line, Vermont
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup diced cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 saltines, crushed
- 1. In a saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper. Whisk in milk until smooth. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add the cheese, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and onion; stir until cheese is melted. Add macaroni. Transfer to a greased 1-cup baking dish. Sprinkle with saltines; dot with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 1 serving.
1 serving (1 each) equals 558 calories, 42 g fat (26 g saturated fat), 124 mg cholesterol, 1,255 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC