Mac 'n' Cheese for One Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup diced cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 saltines, crushed
- 1. In a saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper. Whisk in milk until smooth. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add the cheese, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and onion; stir until cheese is melted. Add macaroni. Transfer to a greased 1-cup baking dish. Sprinkle with saltines; dot with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 1 serving.
1 each: 558 calories, 42g fat (26g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 1255mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Mac 'n' Cheese for One
"This is my favorite recipe for mac and cheese! I often double the recipe for two people."