M&M Oat Bars Recipe
These irresistible bars can sweeten any holiday. —Renee Schwebach, Dumont, Minnesota
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup plain M&M's
- 3 ounces white candy coating
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in oats.
- 2. Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a microwave, melt caramels with water; stir until smooth. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with the chips, nuts and M&M's. Gently press into the caramel mixture. Melt candy coating; drizzle over the top. Let stand for 5 minutes or until set. Cut into bars. Yield: 6 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 104 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 56 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC