Lynn's Spinach & Apple Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, apple, onion, blue cheese and walnuts. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 107 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Lynn's Spinach & Apple Salad
"Perfect for fall! The hint of cinnamon is a wonderful surprise."