Lynn's Spinach & Apple Salad Recipe
This elegant salad is perfect beside a centerpiece turkey or lamb. With the crunch of walnuts, sweetness of cinnamon and fresh-picked goodness of apples, it will become a holiday staple.—Lynn Silva, San Diego, CA
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, apple, onion, blue cheese and walnuts. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 107 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC