Luscious Lime Slush Recipe
Adults love this sweet-tart refresher anytime of year. For a kids’ version, simply leave out the alcohol. —Bonnie Jost, Manitowoc, Wisconsin
- 9 cups water
- 4 individual green tea bags
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups lemon rum or rum
- 7 cups lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 1. In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Remove from the heat; add tea bags. Cover and steep for 3-5 minutes. Discard tea bags. Stir in the limeade concentrate, sugar and rum.
- 2. Transfer to a 4-qt. freezer container; cool. Cover and freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- 3. To use frozen limeade mixture: Combine the limeade mixture and soda in a 4-qt. pitcher. Or for one serving, combine 1/2 cup limeade mixture and 1/4 cup soda in a glass. Serve immediately. Yield: 28 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup equals 177 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 0 protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC