Luscious Lime Slush Recipe
- 9 cups water
- 4 individual green tea bags
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups lemon rum or rum
- 7 cups lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 1. In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Remove from the heat; add tea bags. Cover and steep for 3-5 minutes. Discard tea bags. Stir in the limeade concentrate, sugar and rum.
- 2. Transfer to a 4-qt. freezer container; cool. Cover and freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- 3. To use frozen limeade mixture: Combine the limeade mixture and soda in a 4-qt. pitcher. Or for one serving, combine 1/2 cup limeade mixture and 1/4 cup soda in a glass. Serve immediately. Yield: 28 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup: 177 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Luscious Lime Slush
"Wonderful! Has anyone made this without the rum?"
"Yum-Me! My kids were sad I made this with the alcohol. Make it sometime without, just for the kids. :-)"
"I served this at a BBQ where people brought their own drinks. They didn't drink their drinks, they drank this! Everyone loved it!"
"This was a hit poolside with the girls! It is a little sweet but on a hot day next to the pool it is perfect! Will be making all summer!"