- 9 cups water
- 4 individual green tea bags
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups lemon rum or rum
- 7 cups lemon-lime soda, chilled
- In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Remove from the heat; add tea bags. Cover and steep for 3-5 minutes. Discard tea bags. Stir in the limeade concentrate, sugar and rum.
- Transfer to a 4-qt. freezer container; cool. Cover and freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- To use frozen limeade mixture: Combine the limeade mixture and soda in a 4-qt. pitcher. Or for one serving, combine 1/2 cup limeade mixture and 1/4 cup soda in a glass. Serve immediately. Yield: 28 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Luscious Lime Slush
Sort By :
Wonderful! Has anyone made this without the rum?
Yum-Me! My kids were sad I made this with the alcohol. Make it sometime without, just for the kids. :-)
I served this at a BBQ where people brought their own drinks. They didn't drink their drinks, they drank this! Everyone loved it!
This was a hit poolside with the girls! It is a little sweet but on a hot day next to the pool it is perfect! Will be making all summer!