Adults love this sweet-tart refresher anytime of year. For a kids’ version, simply leave out the alcohol. —Bonnie Jost, Manitowoc, Wisconsin
- 9 cups water
- 4 individual green tea bags
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups lemon rum or rum
- 7 cups lemon-lime soda, chilled
- In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Remove from the heat; add tea bags. Cover and steep for 3-5 minutes. Discard tea bags. Stir in the limeade concentrate, sugar and rum.
- Transfer to a 4-qt. freezer container; cool. Cover and freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- To use frozen limeade mixture: Combine the limeade mixture and soda in a 4-qt. pitcher. Or for one serving, combine 1/2 cup limeade mixture and 1/4 cup soda in a glass. Serve immediately. Yield: 28 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Luscious Lime Slush in Taste of Home April/May 2011, p91
Reviews for Luscious Lime Slush
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review