- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 inches), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 carton (8 ounces) reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Refrigerate until mixture just begins to thicken, about 35 minutes. Place cake cubes in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the sugar, lemon juice and peel. Add gelatin mixture; beat until combined. Fold in 1-1/2 cups whipped topping.
- Spread over top of cake, covering completely. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm. Cut into squares; top with remaining whipped topping. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Luscious Lime Angel Squares
Sort By :
"Very refreshing and easy to make"
"I have been making this recipe since it was first published. It never fails to receive compliments and requests for the recipe. It's a summer favorite for our family!"
"nice & easy light dessert. Great to follow an Easter dinner. I will try it with other flavors."
"I used strawberry flavored gelatin and added fresh strawberries. I also used splenda instead of sugar.j2toes"
"I made this for a church meeting potluck, and it was very well received. The ladies loved it ! It is nice and light to follow a big meal"