- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 inches), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 carton (8 ounces) reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Refrigerate until mixture just begins to thicken, about 35 minutes. Place cake cubes in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the sugar, lemon juice and peel. Add gelatin mixture; beat until combined. Fold in 1-1/2 cups whipped topping.
- Spread over top of cake, covering completely. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm. Cut into squares; top with remaining whipped topping. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Luscious Lime Angel Squares
"Very refreshing and easy to make"
"I have been making this recipe since it was first published. It never fails to receive compliments and requests for the recipe. It's a summer favorite for our family!"
"nice & easy light dessert. Great to follow an Easter dinner. I will try it with other flavors."
"I used strawberry flavored gelatin and added fresh strawberries. I also used splenda instead of sugar.j2toes"
"I made this for a church meeting potluck, and it was very well received. The ladies loved it ! It is nice and light to follow a big meal"