Luscious Lemon Pie Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter
- Grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract, optional
- 1. In the top of a double boiler, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in milk, egg yolks and lemon juice. Cook and stir over boiling water until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 3 minutes longer. Remove from the heat and stir in butter and lemon peel. Cool, stirring occasionally. When mixture is room temperature, stir in sour cream. Pour into shell and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- 2. For topping, whip cream until thickened; beat in sugar and almond extract if desired. Continue to beat until stiff. Spread or pipe with pastry bag on pie before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 458 calories, 28 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 151 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Luscious Lemon Pie
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.