Luscious Lemon Pie Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter
- Grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract, optional
- 1. In the top of a double boiler, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in milk, egg yolks and lemon juice. Cook and stir over boiling water until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 3 minutes longer. Remove from the heat and stir in butter and lemon peel. Cool, stirring occasionally. When mixture is room temperature, stir in sour cream. Pour into shell and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- 2. For topping, whip cream until thickened; beat in sugar and almond extract if desired. Continue to beat until stiff. Spread or pipe with pastry bag on pie before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 458 calories, 28g fat (16g saturated fat), 151mg cholesterol, 217mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Luscious Lemon Pie
"Delicious but a little time consuming and challenging to make."
"Delicious, Refreshing perfect for summer. I like my lemon pie, lemony so I doubled the amount of lemon and reduced the milk. I also added a small amount of heavy cream. The result was outstanding ."