- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Assorted fresh fruit
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Gradually whisk in water until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot mixture into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in lemon juice and vanilla.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Cool to room temperature without stirring. Cover surface of mixture with waxed paper; refrigerate until cooled. Fold in whipped cream. Serve with fresh fruit. Yield: 5 cups.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Luscious Lemon Fruit Dip
Sort By :
"sorry i did not like it"
"Deb - Have you tried using full-fat yogurt in place of all that whipping cream? Just wondering if that would work. I would choke on so much fat in one dish."
"I WILL MAKE THIS SOON SOUNDS GREAT. NOT TO MANY THINGS TO ADD"
"Haven't tried it yet want the reciipe."
"This is the very best that i have tasted andwant for more ! I will make it often !"