- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Assorted fresh fruit
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Gradually whisk in water until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot mixture into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in lemon juice and vanilla.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Cool to room temperature without stirring. Cover surface of mixture with waxed paper; refrigerate until cooled. Fold in whipped cream. Serve with fresh fruit. Yield: 5 cups.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Luscious Lemon Fruit Dip
Sort By :
sorry i did not like it
Deb - Have you tried using full-fat yogurt in place of all that whipping cream? Just wondering if that would work. I would choke on so much fat in one dish.
I WILL MAKE THIS SOON SOUNDS GREAT. NOT TO MANY THINGS TO ADD
Haven't tried it yet want the reciipe.
This is the very best that i have tasted and
want for more ! I will make it often !