Luscious Lemon Bars
"These bars are wonderful as a snack or dessert," says Marina Jines of Enid, Oklahoma. "Beware-they're habit-forming! If you don't want to eat the extras, why not share them with a neighbor or a shut-in?"
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light
- and fluffy. Gradually beat in flour.
- Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at
- 325° for 14-16 minutes or until set and the edges are lightly
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat the egg, sugar, lemon juice, flour
- and baking powder until frothy. Pour over warm crust. Bake for 18-22
- minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with
- confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Yield: 8 bars.
Nutritional Facts: One bar equals 149 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 70 mg sodium,