Luscious Lemon Bars Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in flour.
- 2. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 14-16 minutes or until set and the edges are lightly browned.
- 3. For filling, in a small bowl, beat the egg, sugar, lemon juice, flour and baking powder until frothy. Pour over warm crust. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Yield: 8 bars.
1 each: 149 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Luscious Lemon Bars
"My husband loves these!"
"I want to make these but I don't quite understand the loaf pan and get 8 bars?jd13627"
"Loved these - and the pan size is correct. :)"
"BAKING PAN IS OBVIOUSLY INCORRECT. NOT A LOAF PAN PROBABLY AN 8X8"
"Haven't tried yet but wondered if the pan size was correct."
"these are so good. I love them. they are quick and easy. I accidentally burned them once and my family thought they tasted even better that way. they are perfect for family get togethers. just don't inhale when you go to take a bite. =)"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.