- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in flour.
- Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 14-16 minutes or until set and the edges are lightly browned.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat the egg, sugar, lemon juice, flour and baking powder until frothy. Pour over warm crust. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Yield: 8 bars.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Luscious Lemon Bars
Sort By :
"My husband loves these!"
"I want to make these but I don't quite understand the loaf pan and get 8 bars?jd13627"
"Loved these - and the pan size is correct. :)"
"BAKING PAN IS OBVIOUSLY INCORRECT. NOT A LOAF PAN PROBABLY AN 8X8"
"Haven't tried yet but wondered if the pan size was correct."