Luscious Lemon Angel Roll Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 6 to 8 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 jar (11-3/4 ounces) strawberry ice cream topping, divided
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- 12 fresh strawberries
- 1. Line a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan with parchment paper; set aside. Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched (cake will rise above edges of pan). Cool for 5 minutes.
- 3. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar over a kitchen towel. Invert cake onto towel; gently peel off parchment paper. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, lemon juice and peel, food coloring if desired and remaining confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping.
- 5. Unroll cake. Spread 1/3 cup strawberry topping to within 1 in. of edges. Spread cream cheese mixture over topping. Roll up again. Place seam side down on a serving platter. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 6. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar. Cut into slices; garnish with fresh strawberries and remaining strawberry topping and whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 368 calories, 10 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 345 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Luscious Lemon Angel Roll
"Great recipe. I added alittle more lemon to filling since we really like lemon. Light and can be eaten on diet if low or fat free ingredients are used."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.