I came across this recipe while preparing for a party and was thrilled with how easy it was to make. My guests were impressed that I could use a few simple ingredients to create such a stylish dessert.
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 6 to 8 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 jar (11-3/4 ounces) strawberry ice cream topping, divided
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- 12 fresh strawberries
- Line a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan with parchment paper; set aside. Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched (cake will rise above edges of pan). Cool for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar over a kitchen towel. Invert cake onto towel; gently peel off parchment paper. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, lemon juice and peel, food coloring if desired and remaining confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping.
- Unroll cake. Spread 1/3 cup strawberry topping to within 1 in. of edges. Spread cream cheese mixture over topping. Roll up again. Place seam side down on a serving platter. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Dust with additional confectioners' sugar. Cut into slices; garnish with fresh strawberries and remaining strawberry topping and whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Luscious Lemon Angel Roll in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2006, p49
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Luscious Lemon Angel Roll
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2012
"Great recipe. I added alittle more lemon to filling since we really like lemon. Light and can be eaten on diet if low or fat free ingredients are used."