Luscious Fudgy Brownies
This is a favorite after-dinner treat. I’m always very careful not to overbake these brownies because I love the ooey-gooey middle. –Krista Frank of Rhododendron, Oregon
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, butter, yogurt and vanilla. Stir
- in egg until blended. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; stir into
- sugar mixture. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with
- cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean and brownies begin to pull away from
- sides of pan. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into eight pieces, then cut
- each diagonally in half. Yield: 16 brownies.
Nutritional Facts: 2 brownies equals 201 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.