- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tub (8 ounces) COOL WHIP® Whipped Topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup chopped PLANTERS® Pecans
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- BEAT cake mix, 1 cup pumpkin, milk, oil, eggs and 1 tsp. spice in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Pour into 2 greased and floured 9-inch round pans.
- BAKE 28 to 30 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans 10 min. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- BEAT cream cheese in medium bowl with mixer until creamy. Add sugar, remaining pumpkin and spice; mix well. Gently stir in COOL WHIP. Cut each cake layer horizontally in half with serrated knife; stack on serving plate, spreading cream cheese filling between layers. (Do not frost top layer.) Drizzle with caramel topping just before serving; top with nuts. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Luscious Four-Layer Pumpkin Cake(6)
Sort By :
This cake was delicious. For looking so amazing, it was so simple to make! The cake was super moist. I need to make sure that I mix the filling better next time so it is all incorporated together. I also have to try to make the filling layers more even; little things that no one else noticed though! Everyone was very impressed with the look of this cake and said that they didn't want to cut into it. I melted the caramels, but did it before hand so I wouldn't have to worry about it. I should have waited until the last minute because the caramel got too hard and stuck to the plastic wrap I covered it with. Overall, very good and very easy to make!
this was so good.. I just cant tell you.. I took it to a dinner, and every person there said that is the best cake I ever had..
I made this into a pumpkin roll cake with the caramel and nuts drizzled on top. It was amazing! Very nice and easy to achieve great visual effect and incredible taste!
I HAVE MADE THIS WONDERFUL CAKE AT LEAST 12 TIMES, ITS A FAV TO TAKE TO PARTYS, LUNCHS TC. ITS A BEAUTIFUL CAKE AND GREAT SERVED COLD.AND SO EASY, I USE DENTAL FLOSS TO CUT LAYERS IN HALF, EVERYONE ASK FOR THIS RECEIPE.
i made it for te most part as written,i did add fresh grated ginger to the cool whip[1/2 tsp] all because i think pumpkin taste better with a smidgeon of ginger. it was top of the line flavor.