- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tub (8 ounces) COOL WHIP® Whipped Topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup chopped PLANTERS® Pecans
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- BEAT cake mix, 1 cup pumpkin, milk, oil, eggs and 1 tsp. spice in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Pour into 2 greased and floured 9-inch round pans.
- BAKE 28 to 30 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans 10 min. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- BEAT cream cheese in medium bowl with mixer until creamy. Add sugar, remaining pumpkin and spice; mix well. Gently stir in COOL WHIP. Cut each cake layer horizontally in half with serrated knife; stack on serving plate, spreading cream cheese filling between layers. (Do not frost top layer.) Drizzle with caramel topping just before serving; top with nuts. Refrigerate any leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Luscious Four-Layer Pumpkin Cake
Sort By :
"This cake was delicious. For looking so amazing, it was so simple to make! The cake was super moist. I need to make sure that I mix the filling better next time so it is all incorporated together. I also have to try to make the filling layers more even; little things that no one else noticed though! Everyone was very impressed with the look of this cake and said that they didn't want to cut into it. I melted the caramels, but did it before hand so I wouldn't have to worry about it. I should have waited until the last minute because the caramel got too hard and stuck to the plastic wrap I covered it with. Overall, very good and very easy to make!"
"this was so good.. I just cant tell you.. I took it to a dinner, and every person there said that is the best cake I ever had.."
"I made this into a pumpkin roll cake with the caramel and nuts drizzled on top. It was amazing! Very nice and easy to achieve great visual effect and incredible taste!"
"I HAVE MADE THIS WONDERFUL CAKE AT LEAST 12 TIMES, ITS A FAV TO TAKE TO PARTYS, LUNCHS TC. ITS A BEAUTIFUL CAKE AND GREAT SERVED COLD.AND SO EASY, I USE DENTAL FLOSS TO CUT LAYERS IN HALF, EVERYONE ASK FOR THIS RECEIPE."
"i made it for te most part as written,i did add fresh grated ginger to the cool whip[1/2 tsp] all because i think pumpkin taste better with a smidgeon of ginger. it was top of the line flavor."