Luscious Coffee Ice Cream Pie Recipe
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream. softened
- 1 pint coffee ice cream, softened
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add the vanilla, cream of tartar and salt; beat until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Fold in pecans.
- 2. Spread meringue onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 250° for 1 hour or until light golden brown. Turn oven off; leave meringue shell in oven for 1 hour. Cool on a wire rack. Spoon ice cream into meringue shell. Cover and freeze at least 4 hours or until firm.
- 3. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, milk, butter and salt. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 4-5 minutes or until sauce comes to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in raisins and vanilla. Serve warm sauce with pie. Yield: 8 servings (1-1/2 cups sauce).
1 piece: 434 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (60g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Luscious Coffee Ice Cream Pie
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.