- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream. softened
- 1 pint coffee ice cream, softened
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add the vanilla, cream of tartar and salt; beat until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Fold in pecans.
- Spread meringue onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 250° for 1 hour or until light golden brown. Turn oven off; leave meringue shell in oven for 1 hour. Cool on a wire rack. Spoon ice cream into meringue shell. Cover and freeze at least 4 hours or until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, milk, butter and salt. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 4-5 minutes or until sauce comes to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in raisins and vanilla. Serve warm sauce with pie. Yield: 8 servings (1-1/2 cups sauce).
Originally published as Coffee Ice Cream Pie in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p48
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Luscious Coffee Ice Cream Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review