Luscious Blueberry Jam
This perfectly spreadable jam boasts a beautiful dark color with a sweet, seasonal flavor.
Karen Haen, Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
64 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min. + standing
- 8 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 7 cups sugar
- Mash blueberries; transfer to a Dutch oven. Add lemon juice; stir in
- pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring
- Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute,
- stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Ladle into
- jars or freezer containers and cool to room temperature, about 1
- Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but not longer than 24
- hours. Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks or freeze for up to 12 months.
- Yield: 8 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 95 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.