Luscious Blueberry Jam Recipe
This perfectly spreadable jam boasts a beautiful dark color with a sweet, seasonal flavor. Karen Haen, Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
- 8 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 7 cups sugar
- 1. Mash blueberries; transfer to a Dutch oven. Add lemon juice; stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- 2. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Ladle into jars or freezer containers and cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- 3. Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but not longer than 24 hours. Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks or freeze for up to 12 months. Yield: 8 cups.
2 tablespoons equals 95 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC