Luscious Black Forest Cheesecake Recipe
A friend gave me this recipe and it's quickly become popular at our house. I enjoy making it when we entertain. My husband and I are dairy farmers and have three pre-school age children. I enjoy trying new recipes as well as yardwork and crafts. —Patricia Plett, Blumenort, Manitoba
- 1-1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon brandy extract or vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Maraschino cherries and additional whipped cream and melted chocolate for garnish, optional
- 1. Combine crumbs and butter; press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. springform pan. Chill for 15 minutes.
- 2. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Combine 1/3 cup gelatin mixture with pie filling and almond extract; pour into crust and chill until set.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the melted chocolate, brandy extract and remaining gelatin mixture. Fold in whipped cream; spread over cherry layer. Chill at least 3 hours.
- 4. Remove from pan. Garnish with the whipped cream, cherries and chocolate if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 211 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC