- 1-1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon brandy extract or vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Maraschino cherries and additional whipped cream and melted chocolate for garnish, optional
- Combine crumbs and butter; press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. springform pan. Chill for 15 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Combine 1/3 cup gelatin mixture with pie filling and almond extract; pour into crust and chill until set.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the melted chocolate, brandy extract and remaining gelatin mixture. Fold in whipped cream; spread over cherry layer. Chill at least 3 hours.
- Remove from pan. Garnish with the whipped cream, cherries and chocolate if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Luscious Black Forest Cheesecake
Sort By :
"I was disappointed in the lack of chocolate flavor, and there are other cheesecake recipes I like better, so will probably not make this again."
"Good smooth and creamy"
"I loved this. I just have to share this with some friends. http://dreamking4455.empowernetwork.com"