- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 loaf-shaped angel food cake (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) butterscotch ice cream topping
- 3 medium red apples, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; beat in pudding. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping.
- In a 3-qt. glass bowl, layer a third of the cake cubes, 1/3 cup butterscotch topping, a third of the apples, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and a third of the cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice. Garnish with remaining whipped topping. Chill until serving. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Luscious Apple Trifle
Sort By :
"Wonder how it would taste with mustard topping? Just kidding, it is a great recipe!"
"I have made this dessert several times and it's always a hit. I normally use caramel topping instead of the butterscotch out of personal preference."
"A wonderful recipe, fresh and easy to make. People will ask for the recipe so bring a copy"
"I used 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, sugar-free pudding mix, and Cool Whip Lite. It was great for a luncheon that I hosted, but it's a little too sweet. I'll definitely use less butterscotch topping next time. Still, a keeper!"