“I created this dessert using ingredients I had on hand,” remarks Danette Bass of Hillrose, Colorado. “I brought it to a carry-in dinner at our church, and it was the first dessert to go.”
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 loaf-shaped angel food cake (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) butterscotch ice cream topping
- 3 medium red apples, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; beat in pudding. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping.
- In a 3-qt. glass bowl, layer a third of the cake cubes, 1/3 cup butterscotch topping, a third of the apples, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and a third of the cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice. Garnish with remaining whipped topping. Chill until serving. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Luscious Apple Trifle in Quick Cooking September/October 2005, p13
Reviews for Luscious Apple Trifle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review