Luscious Almond Cheesecake Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 40 wafers)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1. In a bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, almonds and sugar; stir in the butter and mix well. Press into the bottom of a greased 10-in. springform pan; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in extracts. Pour into crust. Place on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from the oven; let stand for 5 minutes (leave oven on). Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Spoon around edge of cheesecake; carefully spread over filling. Bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- 4. Just before serving, sprinkle with almonds and remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 14-16 servings.
1 slice: 329 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Luscious Almond Cheesecake
"I am always nervous making a new cheesecake. I had many, many compliments on this one and I am going to make it again this weekend! It is yummy!"
"Since I found this recipe a few years ago, it has been the only cheesecake I will ever make. This is the best ever. No matter where I take it, everyone always requests for me to make it again, and again, and again."
"The base of this recipe I have used for years. I have made this with a coconut crust (chocolate biscotti, chocolate gram cracker or just plan ones) add minced coconut. Then add coconut instead of almond flavor. Add more coconut on top of the sour cream top when still warm and before you chill."
"Just wonderful, my go to cheesecake recipe. The sour cream topping is delicious!"
"I always get a request for this at Easter time."
"Wow. I am always on the lookout for a great cheesecake recipe because I LOVE cheesecake. I have never made one with almond extract before so I gave this one a try for Christmas dinner. Oh wow it was off the chart amazing! I did lower the oven temp and cook it a tad longer and let it cool in the oven with the door open to avoid cracks because I used cake decorating markers to do a Christmas theme top and it turned out great! Super creamy and rich. Officially my favorite thus far!"
"Very creamy! The trick is to under bake it a little. I use a cinnamon graham cracker crust. DELICIOUS!"
"A great recipe-- very creamy and smooth with a light almond flavoring!"
"I have made this Cheesecake so many times and it is a family favorite. One of the best I've had!"
"The first time I tried making a cheesecake I made this one. It was easy & very delicious!!! I have made 3 of them since."
"This was awesome! This was my first cheesecake. The crust was so crunchy and had a wonderful buttery/almond taste."
"To me is sweet but is not too sweet and is so dense and rich my family love it so I am going to make it again!"
"My first cheesecake ever and it turned out fantastic. My husband was very pleased and is limiting who he shares it with."
"This is the best cheesecake that I have ever made. I took it to a pot luck at work & was told that it was the best thing on the table of about 50 items."
"My wife is the cheesecake maker in our family and I asked her to make this one for me during the holidays. We served it at a family get-together and it was a big hit."
"I made this for an office contest. I was the hands-down winner. This is outstanding."
"Ate this over the weekend. VERY creamy!"
"By unanimous decision among my family of "cheesecake judges", this was voted the best cheesecake EVER!! I offer cherry pie filling for anyone who likes fruit topping on their cheesecake, but it is great just plain, too! I have also prepared it with finely chopped hazelnuts in the crust and all vanilla for the extracts. I topped servings with apple pie filling. This is a great and versatile recipe!! THANKS!!!! Gommy of 4"