Luncheon Spinach Salad Recipe
"The subtle curry flavor of this colorful salad brings folks back for more," says Evy Fitzgerald of Sun Lakes, Arizona. "After eating a similar salad at a church dinner, I created my own version."
- 3 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach, stems removed
- 2 medium tart apples, chopped
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey
- 2/3 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. In a salad bowl, combine the spinach apples, turkey, peanuts, raisins, onions and sesame seeds. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat; serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 297 calories, 21g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 312mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Luncheon Spinach Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC