"The subtle curry flavor of this colorful salad brings folks back for more," says Evy Fitzgerald of Sun Lakes, Arizona. "After eating a similar salad at a church dinner, I created my own version."
Recommended: Salad Recipes Across America
- 3 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach, stems removed
- 2 medium tart apples, chopped
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey
- 2/3 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a salad bowl, combine the spinach apples, turkey, peanuts, raisins, onions and sesame seeds. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat; serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Luncheon Spinach Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2000, p41
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Luncheon Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review