"When our garden is producing lots of tomatoes and cucumbers, this refreshing main-dish salad is a favorite of ours," reports Rhonda Burns of Hopkins, Michigan. "It's a real lifesaver on hot days when I don't want to turn on the oven."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 medium tomatoes, cubed
- 1 medium cucumber, cubed
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked low-fat ham
- 1 cup cubed reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 6 tablespoons fat-free ranch salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add dressing and
- toss. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1-cup serving equals 112 calories, 551 mg sodium, 19 mg cholesterol, 10 gm carbohydrate, 12 gm protein, 2 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 lean meat.