My mother served this many times at her bridge club when I was a child. It's now a favorite of my family on those hot summer days when a lighter meal is more appealing.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1-1/3 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 cups chopped cooked corned beef
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in Miracle Whip,
- horseradish and mustard. Chill until partially set; beat until
- foamy. Fold in corned beef, celery, green pepper, eggs and onion.
- Spoon into an oiled 4-cup mold. Chill until firm. Unmold onto a
- lettuce-lined platter if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA
, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now