My mother served this many times at her bridge club when I was a child. It's now a favorite of my family on those hot summer days when a lighter meal is more appealing.
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1-1/3 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 cups chopped cooked corned beef
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in Miracle Whip, horseradish and mustard. Chill until partially set; beat until foamy. Fold in corned beef, celery, green pepper, eggs and onion. Spoon into an oiled 4-cup mold. Chill until firm. Unmold onto a lettuce-lined platter if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Luncheon Mold in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p71
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Luncheon Mold
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review