This refreshing medley of fruit and chicken is just right for a special spring brunch or luncheon. "The colorful combo is a great change of pace from the usual salad," writes Angie Dierikx of Andalusia, Illinois.
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 7-1/2 teaspoons brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- In a large bowl, gently combine the chicken, pineapple, oranges, celery, onions and green pepper. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Luncheon Chicken Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p48
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Luncheon Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review