Luncheon Chicken Salad Recipe
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 7-1/2 teaspoons brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1. In a large bowl, gently combine the chicken, pineapple, oranges, celery, onions and green pepper. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 7 servings.
1 cup: 358 calories, 19g fat (3g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 262mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein .
Reviews for Luncheon Chicken Salad
"I quadrupled this recipe and made it for my dad's 90th birthday party lunch celebration. It was easy to make ahead and assemble at serving time. Compliments abounded!"
"I followed the recipe exactly except I added a chopped apple to it. Great served on lettuce, even my toddler ate it!"
"I have made this salad many times. It is one of my families favorites!"
"What is the correct amount of mustard?"
"Re: leave out the fruit and it's great on a sandwhich.Sheila-LK"
"I was wondering the same thing!pam-tx"
"7 and 1/2 teaspoons of mustard sounds like a lot to me. Is that accurate?"
"Not my recipe - but yes you would need to drain the pineapple also. Any time you are adding canned fruit of any kind, always drain unless you are specifically told not to do so."
"[quote user="joygal522"] do we need to drain the pineapple also?[/quote][quote user="joygal522"] do we need to drain the pineapple also?[/quote][quote user="joygal522"] do we need to drain the pineapple also?[/quote][quote user="joygal522"] do we need to drain the pineapple also?"
"did we ever find out if we needed to drain the pineapple"
"Wow. Sounds delicious as well as healthy. When do we eat?"
"do we need to drain the pineapple also?"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.